Tired? Cranky? Feeling more blah-blah than rah-rah? It’s time to feel more energetic, happier, and ready to embrace each day.
Your new secret weapon? Nature!
Try one or more of the 25 activities below each day. Notice which ones make you feel stronger, more positive, more alert, or less stressed or anxious. Celebrate and do them often. You’ll be on your way to becoming a more positive and motivated you!
- Plant herbs.
- Hike or bike for 30 minutes.
- Bring flowers indoors.
- Train to become a volunteer trail guide with your local park system.
- Visit public wilderness spaces.
- Spend time near water.
- Gaze at stars in the night sky.
- Follow animal tracks.
- Volunteer to tend an urban garden.
- Grow a garden.
- Play in the dirt.
- Use your tech to store the sound of birds singing or water flowing.
- Make nature photos your screen savers and home or lock screens.
- Lay on the grass and stare at the clouds.
- Go barefoot.
- Eat seasonal foods grown locally. Pick them yourself when possible.
- Sit by an open window or outside, close your eyes and listen to birds.
- Take a deep breath every time you walk outside. Hold for 4 seconds and release. Repeat twice.
- Take one nature photo a day and share with someone else.
- Watch a sunrise or sunset.
- Join a local walking or hiking club.
- Volunteer to collect native seeds with your local parks or nature associations.
- Go fishing.
- Stop talking and listen to the natural sounds around you for 1 minute every day. Set a timer if needed.
Let me know how your nature challenge is going!