Today I celebrate that I am an ordinary woman enjoying an extraordinary life.
I have people to love and people who love me. My family is healthy. I’m healthy. I’m surrounded by a beautiful natural environment full of wonder and joy. Every year on this day, I celebrate that I’m still here to be my perfectly imperfect self.
My journey of rediscovery started on January 30, 2017, when I almost died after my appendix ruptured while on vacation on a remote Caribbean island. It took an army of family, friends, and strangers almost a year of loving support (and tough love) for me to heal from the outside in. I had several setbacks, but all along the way I kept hearing messages of encouragement that enabled me to reconnect with the parts of me I’d neglected.
What have I learned?
- The more we love and let others love us, the more we heal our soul.
- Help is always available if we just reach out.
- Light always overcomes darkness, but on its own schedule.
- We each have something special deep within us that the world can't destroy.
- Everyone deserves to live an extraordinary life every day.
Join my celebration by giving yourself permission to recognize and live your own every day extraordinary!